It’s my last week of school, and I haven’t felt this much peace in a long time.
Probably because I don’t feel the crushing pressure of the need to study yet, but I’m sure by tomorrow, I’ll revert back to being a stress ball.
Components of a perfectly lazy day:
1. Being so tired you fall asleep with your makeup still on (This is not a regular thing, I promise.)
2. Waking up with no alarms or anything and realizing it’s past noon.
3. Ordering some Thai food to be delivered to your door.
4. Biggest concern of the day is that they forgot your Sriracha rooster sauce. -___-
5. Taking your sweet, sweet time in a steamy, hot shower.
6. Not having to put on makeup, a bra, or real clothes.
7. Getting back in bed in the middle of the day.
8. Lying here with cafe music turned on and knowing all the roommates are being just as lazy.
9. Breeze blowing in through an open window but feeling toasty under the sheets.
10. Missing only one thing: puppy curled up by my side.
I’ll go back to being busy tomorrow.
But for now, I will enjoy my lazy Saturday.
It’s amazing being so at peace, because I feel like this semester was full of so many ups and downs. I don’t think I’ve been on such an emotional roller coaster in a long time because usually, I like to think of myself as being a relatively mellow, stable person. The past couple of posts may suggest otherwise, but I’m not the type to get worked up about every little thing and let my emotions get the better of me. I’m glad that this semester is finally winding down because I could really use a breather. I always thought I would enjoy being busy and being thrown into a whirlwind of productivity, and I think I still do, but when your personal life takes a hit, it makes being enthusiastic about the “things-I-have-to-do” a lot more difficult aka impossible. Not that my personal life was so dramatic this semester or anything. I’ve dealt with a lot worse, but I learned a lot about balance and how to maintain stability despite what was being said and done in my periphery.
And finally, the weather outside is speaking winter. It’s scheduled to rain on Monday.
Thank you, Mother Nature. We’re back to being friends again.